Should you use a gas heater, electric heater or a tankless heater for your hot water needs? If you are unsure of which water heating system works best for your home or office, our experienced plumbers can help you choose and install the right water heater for your needs, that fits your budget. Our licensed plumbers can also repair, replace, or upgrade your existing water heater at an affordable price.
Bardi Plumbing is trained to install and repair water heaters and have access to the best units on the market. Give us a call today at 973-857-4452 OR 973-228-9728 to schedule an appointment.
Hot water heater need repair or replacement?
Broken water heaters can be a crippling component in any indoor plumbing system. With your water heater, problems arise when there is no hot water or not enough hot water; sometimes the water is too hot!
What are some types of home water heaters?
- Natural gas heaters are essentially a large tank (they vary in size) that intakes water and then heats it. It does this in a number of ways depending on what kind of heater you have. In this case, a natural gas heater heats the water through the heat generated by a burner placed in the compartment under the tank. A thermostat on the outside of the unit controls this. From there, the heater uses the principle that heat rises in order to get the hot water to come out instead of the cold.
- Electric water heaters use large coils similar to the ones in an electric oven that hang down into the tank to heat the water. Generally, electric water heaters aren’t as efficient as those powered by other fuel sources, and electricity is more expensive than natural gas or propane. However, they’re less expensive up front and don’t require venting. If your water demand is small, then an electric water heater may be a good investment.
- Propane water heaters are another method of heating water in a residential property. They are more expensive to install than water heaters, but utility bills thereafter are usually cheaper. However, the energy efficiency of propane water heaters is about 15% lower than similarly sized electric models, and propane heaters require a flue to be installed, in order to vent the carbon monoxide gas that the heater produces as a byproduct.
- Tankless water heaters use high-powered burners to quickly heat water as it runs through a heat exchanger, were 22 percent more energy efficient on average than the average gas-fired storage-tank models.
Safety Tips for a Leaking Water Heater:
If the leak is major:
- Shut off fuel supply
- Shut off cold water supply to the water heater
- Open all hot water faucets in your home
- Attach hose to drain valve at the bottom of water heater and drain unit of all water
- Call BARDI PLUMBING & HEATING at 973-857-4452 OR 973-228-9728 to schedule an appointment!